Summary of how to get into Harvard Business School as an Indian engineer (full text link below):
- Don’t be afraid to reapply if you don’t get in the first time.
- Have diverse work experience, not just in one industry. This will help you tell interesting stories.
- Practice before the interview. Video yourself, and fix your body language.
- Your hard stats go into your CV and application form. Your anecdotes and personality go into your essays.
- Have a GMAT of 760.
By the way, if you’re looking for high-quality, effective GMAT tutoring, check out Trevor Klee, Tutor. 750 GMAT score, 5 star ratings on Google and Yelp. Tutoring can be done over Skype or Google Hangouts, or in Boston.
Summary of how to get into Harvard Business School as a veteran (full text follows below):
- Have a good GPA (3.9).
- Have a good GMAT score (750)
- Do sincere community service, not fake. In this guy’s case, it was teaching personal finance to soldiers.
- Use your essays to show your true colors.
- Rely on recommendations from supervisors who know you well.